Pipeline DN 1000 GOK
As part of the construction of the central wastewater treatment plant of the city of Zagreb, the landscaping and partial closure of the Main WasteWater Supply Channel of the city of Zagreb on the left bank of the Sava is also foreseen. To this end, the dodge of the existing Æ1000 mm pipeline has been projected.
The transition over the future GOK is intended to be lifted into the power structure. The selected solution met the following conditions:
– allow access to the water supply pipeline along the entire length for the need for possible procedures (repairs),
– provide for all necessary pipeline insurance,
– anticipate venting at the highest level
– provide for thermal insulation according to the elaboration and
freezing/heating of pipelines,
– at the lowest points before and after the bridge
provide shut-off chambers with discharges for
At the intersection with the railway track, the pipeline is protected by a steel pipe Æ 1200 mm. As it is a local industrial track, the protective pipe can be installed by cross. Securing the protective pipe will be performed with a concrete lining (MB 20) of a minimum thickness of 30 cm. Horizontal fractures on both sides of the GOK are designed for concrete strongholds.
The project includes cathode protection, grounding and lightning defense.
The total length of the mixed pipeline is 170 m.